Selected MPEG-21 related publications
Books and Book chapters
- R. Van de Walle (eds.), “The MPEG-21 Book,” John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
- H. Kosch, “Distributed Multimedia Database Technologies Supported by MPEG-7 and MPEG-21,” ISBN: 0849318548, CRC Press, 2003.
- A. Vetro and C. Timmerer, “Digital Item Adaptation: Overview of Standardization and Research Activities,” IEEE Trans Multimedia, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. xxx-xxx, April 2005.
- M. van der Schaar and Y. Andreopoulos, “Rate-Distortion-Complexity Modeling for Network and Receiver Aware Adaptation,” IEEE Trans Multimedia, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. xxx-xxx, April 2005.
- B. Feiten, I. Wolf, E. Oh, J. Seo and H.-K. Kim, “Audio Adaptation According to Usage Environment and Perceptual Quality Metrics,” IEEE Trans Multimedia, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. xxx-xxx, April 2005.
- S. Devillers, C. Timmerer, J. Heuer, and H. Hellwagner, “Bitstream Syntax Description-Based Adaptation in Streaming and Constrained Environments,” IEEE Trans Multimedia, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. xxx-xxx, April 2005.
- D. Mukherjee, E. Delfosse, J.G. Kim and Y. Wang, “Optimal Adaptation Decision-Taking for Terminal and Network Quality of Service,” IEEE Trans Multimedia, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. xxx-xxx, April 2005.
- X. Wang, T. DeMartini, B. Wragg and M. Paramasivam, “The MPEG-21 Rights Expression Language,” IEEE Trans Multimedia, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. xxx-xxx, April 2005.
- G. Rust and C. Barlas, “The MPEG-21 Rights Data Dictionary,” IEEE Trans Multimedia, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. xxx-xxx, April 2005.
- C. Timmerer and H. Hellwagner, “Interoperable Adaptive Multimedia Communication,” IEEE Multimedia Magazine, vol. 12, no.1, January-March 2005.
- B.L. Tseng, C.-Y. Lin and J.R. Smith, "Using MPEG-7 and MPEG-21 for Personalizing Video," IEEE Multimedia, Jan-March 2004.
- A. Vetro, “MPEG-21 Digital Item Adaptation: Enabling Universal Multimedia Access,” IEEE Multimedia, Jan-March 2004.
- X. Wang, “MPEG-21 Rights Expression Language: Enabling Interoperable Digital Rights Management,” IEEE Multimedia, Oct-Dec 2004.
- G. Panis, A. Hutter, J. Heuer, H. Hellwagner, H. Kosch, C. Timmerer, S. Devillers and M. Amielh, "Bitstream Syntax Description: A Tool for Multimedia Resource Adaptation within MPEG-21," EURASIP Signal Processing: Image Communication Journal, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 721-747, September 2003.
- A. Vetro, Christopoulos and T. Ebrahami, Eds., IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, Special Issue on Universal Multimedia Access, vol. 20, no. 2, March 2003.
- R. Mohan, J.R. Smith and C.-S. Li, "Adapting Multimedia Internet Content for Universal Access," IEEE Trans. Multimedia, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 104-114, Mar. 1999.
Conferences and Workshops
- C. Timmerer und H. Hellwagner, "Interoperable multimediale Kommunikation im Internet mittels MPEG-21 Digital Item Adaptation,“ (german) MCMI'04, Mobile Computing und Medienkommunikation im Internet 2004 (Ulm, September 23, 2004), Springer Lecture Notes in Informatics, Vol P-51, pp. 301-305, Köllen Druck-Verlag GmbH, Bonn 2004.
- C. Timmerer, G. Panis, H. Kosch, J. Heuer, H. Hellwagner, and A. Hutter, "Coding format independent multimedia content adaptation using XML," Proc. SPIE Int'l Symp. ITCom 2003, vol. 5242, pp. 92-103, Orlando, Florida, September 2003.
- M. Amielh and S. Devillers, “Bitstream Syntax Description Language: Application of XML Schema to Multimedia Content Adaptation,” 11th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2002), Honolulu, HI, May 2002.